Saturday, September 10, 2011

Struggles

Everyone struggles at some point in time.  I seem to struggle in phases, or so it seems. Anytime, I am having a struggle, I pray and try to find a Bible verse to get me through, or I may cry and have a pity party for myself or, I may do a combination of any of these.  It seems lately though, I have struggled alot.

I hate struggling, it seems it catches me at the worst times.  Recently I have been struggling about getting a job right out of school, working 72 hours a week, not being able to buy a house and living in a 1 bedroom apartment (don't get me wrong my apartment is nice, I just want a house of my own), and having children. 

I know that God always says he will provide for you, but sometimes I feel like I struggle with the speed of things, I want things right now, and I can't have them right now.  I found a pretty awesome Bible verse yesterday, after a struggle of having to work, after a long day at the hospital and it is:

Psalm 37:4
   Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart

This Bible verse is so true in so many ways, I have to put my trust in the good Lord upstairs that he will take care of me and give me things when he knows that I am ready.  He knows what I want and everything will fall in place, if it is something I want but it's not right for me, I know that I will be okay, because God never gives me something that I can't handle.

I'm trying to focus on the good things and have a positive outlook on life.  Even if something brings me down, it's important that I focus on the positive, and know that I will have a great friend walking through the struggle with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment