Saturday, April 30, 2011

Is it really Saturday again?

   I have been a BIG slacker and haven't posted in well a week!  It has been a crazy week around my house.  Britt has been out of town working, and so therefore I have to do everything myself!  This makes it hard when I am gone 7 days out of the week and have to attend to the house duties and the pups as well.  Luckily, I have an amazing future MIL and she comes over when Britt is out of town to let out the pups and let them run around for a little while so they don't have to be kenneled for 12 plus hours a day, It wouldn't be fair to them! 
    I am pretty close to my Mom, I talk to her more than probably anyone in my family( like 3-10 times a day-- I drive alot and she keeps me company) except of course for Britt, but she is someone who I can always tell anything to, and she will listen.  But, anyways, she started on my bridesmaids dresses the night before last, I couldn't be more excited to see how they turn out!  My Mom was a custom dress maker for years, but my Step-Dad and her have a musical instrument company that keeps her pretty busy!  When I couldn't find the dress that I wanted, I asked her to make it, I really wanted this

dress from J.Crew>>>
However, I would never want to spend or expect my maids to pay $250 dollars for a dress.  So we found a similar pattern and she is going to add the collar to hopefully get the look I am going for!  Oh and this is pretty much similar to the color that they will be but in a little more purple hue of burgandy.  Anyways, I will post up some pictures when she is done with the muslin.  She is pretty close from what I hear to being done and then my lovely Sister will be modeling the dress!  Hopefully I will be able to get some more blog's in this week.  Britt is still on overnights, but he is home so I will have some more free time.


No comments:

Post a Comment