Friday, May 6, 2011

What's that smell?

So I am 6 days from my last post, but hey at least it's not 1 week from the last post, like last week!!  I feel like I have stupid brain lately, I think my brain is fried from all the learning and working that takes place on a weekly basis.  Anyways,  I absolutely LOVE my Puma's, in fact they are the most comfortable shoes that I have ever owned, they save my feet from a lot of pain, since I am constantly on them at the hospital. I have came to the conclusion that all Puma's, after a couple months smell REALLY bad.  I have asked around especially the girls at the hospital and they all agree, all of theirs also stink!  I have only had my Puma's since December (Christmas), I get it I am a hard working woman, but even so, non-Puma's don't stink.  For some reason, they don't have any breathable parts to them, and so you take your feet out and in your face is the most raunchy smell ever.  I put powder in them every day, but it doesn't help, I think it's just about time to say good bye to the Puma's and on to something that is not so smelly. Alright, enough about the shoes.  This week clinicals have been good, this morning we were busy, and ironically enough it seemed like I was constantly taking pictures of feet :).  I like feet, probably one of my favorite x-rays to take, it is really neat to see how different people's bones are shaped and look, and they are really easy to take, 3 views of the affected foot and your done!  I like my new site that I started in April, its low key and you see some cool x-rays come thru, however,it seems like my clinical site has it's own odor, people who don't bathe, or don't wash their clothes, or reek of cigarette smoke, it's pretty gross. I realize that the hospital is really small and is in a rural community, but I am pretty sure that there is a bathtub in most people's homes.  Not only that, but even the in-patients stink, I mean they bathe them, but MAN OH MAN, sometimes it makes me dry heave a little bit--alright off my rant! Tonight, I had to work at the pharmacy following clinicals, normally, I don't have to work on clinical days, mostly because I am exhausted from working all day, however I had to make up some time from last Sunday when we bought my new Sorento.  I haven't ever worked on a clinical day, and honestly it's not bad, I am thinking I might try another week of this, then I won't have to work on Sunday's at all and can finally have a FULL day to relax and get caught up on housework and my womanly duties.  Alright enough rambling!  Have a good weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment