Saturday, June 18, 2011

Holy Charlie Horse and a Change of Plans!

Today has been one of the those stressful wedding planning days!  I have been for the last week, trying to figure out what the plans for the bridesmaid dresses will be, I bought the material for my Mom to make the dresses, however when she ironed the material it shrunk 1/8" on the crosswise grain!  I was really upset, because I really wanted the dresses that we had designed.  My sister also came up and tried on the muslin and it was too small, therefore my Mom would have to make each girl a muslin and then the actual dress.  So today, my goal was to find a dress that I like to replace the ones my Mom was going to make, not such an easy task when I had what I wanted because I couldn't find it and then it can't be made.  I don't know really what I did differently today while searching on the internet I haven't been able to find but one dress in this style, however I was able to find this dress from Alfred Sung:
I am pretty sure that it will work, a little on the pricier side of things, but Britt and I will pick up some of the cost to absorb some of that for the girls.  Now the only problem is getting everyone in to get fitted so that they can be ordered, with the wedding only 13 weeks away, I need to order them in the next week to guarantee delivery in time for the wedding, and any alterations. 

Secondly, I experienced my first Charlie Horse ever last night, wow, how painful!  My friend Amber, used to and still has them all the time, but when we were in high school and I was staying the night one night, she woke up with a charlie horse, I had first of all never heard of one and was "awaken" while I was asleep.  I proceeded to tell her to "shut up, get rid of it and go back to bed", I am not too kind when I talk in my sleep or am half way awake apparently.  This morning at 2:35 I text her to apologize, because I now understand what she felt like!  I was almost in tears and nothing that I could do about it, my calf is still really sore this morning from the muscle contracting. 

Today is my last weekend to work for the next two weeks, I am so incredibly excited, to just work my normal 40 hour work week and go home and relax!  Here's to a great week!

P.S.  POP(S) is a baby or babies :)  My BFF Andrea is pregnant after trying for 9 months!  I couldn't be more excited for her and Tyler, they will make amazing parents!

1 comment:

  1. To get rid of Charlie Horses push your foot up against the wall/headboard/footboard. Just push for a little bit and then it will go away! :) and it's b/c you are low on Potassium! Eat a banana, shut up, get rid of it, and go back to bed :) really though the foot against the wall works!

    ReplyDelete